As we have seen many of the customers want to switch to 4G network(LTE/VoLTE) but they don’t have a 4G device so that are not able to get benefit from Reliance Jio. Everyone knows, as per Reliance Jio Welcome offer, Everything will be free for Jio customers until 31th December.That is they can surf to high-speed data, Video Calling, Unlimited SMS, Free HD voice calling and premium Jio Apps. This will cost them Rs 0.Jio Welcome offer will be available for 31st December 2016. Now let’s come to the topic. As per many requests we are writing an article and tell you how to use Jio 4G Sim card in any 3G Android Device. This is for all those customers who have a 3G device and want to use 4G for free.
Here we will tell you 2 methods that will show how to use Jio 4G Sim card in any 3G Android Device. So read each and every step carefully to convert your 3G Android Device to a 4G device.
how to use Jio 4G Sim card in any 3G Android Device.
The trick we are using to use Jio 4G Sim card in Any Android device is very simple and easy. As I have used this trick personally on Redmi Note 3(which is a 3G phone). And that trick is fully working for me. Here we will tell you the methods that how to make your phone 4G compatible. We will tell you in each and every step in details :-
Step 1: First insert your activated Jio card in your 3G device. (It will show no networks)
Step 2: Then Open Phone dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*.
Step 3: It will open a new window named as “Testing”. Which have four options:-
- Phone Information
- Battery Information
- Usage Statistics
- Wi-fi Information
Step 4: Click on the first option i.e. “Phone Information”.
Here it will show all the phone information. Just go down and there you will see an option named as “Set Preferred Network Type”. Select it.
- You will see many Network options here .These are (GSM only, WCDMA only, GSM auto, WCDMA auto, CDMA only, EvDo only, GSM/CDMA auto, LTE/CDMA auto, LTE/GSM auto, LTE/GSM/CDMA auto, LTE only, LTE/WCDMA and many others)
Step 5: Then Select LTE/GSM auto mode.
After this, Your phone will automatically detect 4G networks. If still, you didn’t get 4G networks. Then follow the Steps
Step 6: Go to phone settings and select mobile networks.
Step 7: In mobile networks, select manual network instead of an Automatic network.
After clicking your phone will show manually networks. Check any preferred 4G network(LTE) and select it.
Step 8: Check your phone will start displaying LTE networks.
This is the first method of using 4G sim card in any 3G device.
NOTE: Before using this method, Make sure you have rooted android phone.
1) Download and install CPU-Z app from Google Playstore
2) Click and open CPU-Z app
3) If your device is also using “MediaTek Chipset” then it will show MediaTek logo on the screen.
NOTE: “If you see MediaTek logo then go for next step.”
4) Go to dialer and dial *#06
It will open a window where you will see your phone’s IMEI number.
NOTE: Now you have to change your IMEI number. You can only change it if your phone is Rooted.
6) Open the app and click on “Random All” button & apply it to change all IDS and IMEI number.
7) Now Reboot/Restart your Phone.
NOTE: Root is Must to apply all changes.
8) After reboot check IMEI number. (Dial *#06)
Check IMEI number has been changed.
9) Now Download MTK Engineering Mode App to use Jio in in your Device.
10) Open the MTK Engineering app and click on Android settings.
11) Click on Phone Information and then select preferred network as LTE/GSM/CDMA auto.
12) Save it and restart your device.
13) Now insert your activated 4G SIM in the first slot and Second Slot must be Blank.
14) All done & you will see 4G (LTE) networks in your 3G handset.
NOTE: You will see 4G networks in your 3G handset but it will not give a real 4G speed. You can enjoy 3G speed from it.
By these methods, i think I have cleared the topic how to use Jio 4G Sim card in any 3G Android Device. Now These tricks will work successfully on your 3G android device. If you didn’t get anything feels free to comment below. Thank you.